Laura Mercier Affection Face Illuminator Review & Swatches
Laura Mercier Affection Face Illuminator ($45.00 for 0.3 oz.) is a light, peachy gold with strong, warm undertones and a smooth, metallic sheen. The shimmer was very fine, so it produced more of a high-shine finish rather than something overtly shimmery, which meant that the powder didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture.
It had good pigmentation that was easily built up to full coverage with less than half of a layer. The texture was smooth to the touch, firmer and a bit denser, but there was no powderiness and the powder almost “melted” on my skin for a very seamless application. With this type of formula, I’d recommend using a moderately dense, more rounded brush to pick up product evenly. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
- Urban Decay Sin (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Glad You Came (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Nooner (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Double-Gleam (P, $37.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- LORAC Daylight (P, $23.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Sesso (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- OFRA Moondance (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Double Down (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Daylight (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Persona Laguna (P, $24.00) is cooler (90% similar).
$45.00/0.3 oz. – $150.00 Per Ounce
According to the brand, Laura Mercier Face Illuminator ($44.00 for 0.30 oz.) supposed to be a “long-wearing, buildable” highlighter that gives a “natural-looking” glow. The formula was typically more buildable from medium to opaque coverage with a noticeable sheen that could get more frosted/metallic if applied heavily but didn’t emphasize my pores. The texture was smooth and blendable, but there was a bit of dryness to it that seemed common to this type of formula (think MAC Extra Dimension, NARS Dual-Intensity, Estee Lauder Gelee, etc.). On my normal-to-dry skin, the highlighter tended to last around eight hours.
Browse all of our Laura Mercier Face Illuminator swatches.
Where to Buy
Current Sales & Deals
- Neiman Marcus —
- Earn up to a $1,500 gift card with your select regular priced purchase of at least $500 with code BESTFEB (beauty excluded), ends 2/16.
- Free shipping + free returns every day, ends 12/31.
- 15% off your first order when you sign up to receive Neiman Marcus emails, exclusions apply, ends 8/30.
- Nordstrom — Double points on beauty (2 points for members, 4 points for debit card holders, 6 points for credit card holders), ends 2/11. Dozens of new beauty gift with purchases (browse here), ends 2/13.
When you purchase through our links above, you help support Temptalia. Thank You!