UOMA Beauty Notting Hill Black Magic Bronzing Highlighter Review & Swatches
UOMA Beauty Notting Hill Black Magic Face & Body Bronzing Highlighter ($35.00 for 0.65 oz.) is a light, golden copper with strong, warm undertones paired with an intense, metallic finish. It was richly pigmented where a little went a long way, so the denser, slightly firmer texture was very much welcome. It was easy to use a lighter hand to pick up less product for a more buildable application if desired, but on the flip side, if you want full coverage in one layer, you’ll need a moderately-dense brush.
The powder applied well to bare skin with a smooth, even lay down of product that diffused easily along the edges for a seamless glow that was intense but didn’t reach texture-emphasizing territory. There were signs of fading apparent after nine hours of wear.
- Anastasia Glo Getter (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Glow, Baby, Glow (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia 143 (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Jouer Skinny Dip (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Sol Mate (LE, $28.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Class Act (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Solar Crush (LE, $47.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Gilty (LE, $49.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Anastasia Sunset Aura (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Medium-Nude (PiP, ) is lighter, brighter (85% similar).
$35.00/0.65 oz. – $53.85 Per Ounce
The formula is described as “intensely pigmented” highlighter that is “super-soft and creamy” that “melts” for a “luscious lit from within glow” paired with “coconut fragrance.” The brand’s description was quite accurate; the formula was denser, almost thick, more cream-like and worked better with moderately-dense brushes to pick up product.
It was the kind of texture that had extremely high coverage when applied with a fingertip but was dense and thick enough to be more controllable with a brush as it needed more moderate pressure to pick up an even layer of product. It was still opaque in a single layer, but I could use a lighter hand (very easily) to get more buildable coverage with a brush. The powder applied evenly and blended out nicely on my skin, while the glow left behind was moderate to intense but didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture.
Both shades lasted for almost nine hours on me before showing signs of fading. Worth noting, they are oversized and coconut-scented (slightly noticeable on for the first hour or so).
Browse all of our UOMA Beauty Black Magic Face & Body Bronzing Highlighter swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Fragrance, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Where to Buy
Current Sales & Deals
When you purchase through our links above, you help support Temptalia. Thank You!